Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Years Writing Goals

Well it is a new yea and for writers everywhere its time to think about new writing goals. Thanks to The Write Practice, my favorite writing go to for all things writing site, I began thinking about what my new year writing goals were. After reading their latest post "11 Reasons you need to write a book Now"  Which you can find here http://thewritepractice.com/write-a-book-now/ . I began thinking of what I wanted to accomplish as a writer.

While I have a few books already written and on Amazon, I want to do more and add to my collection,  stretch my knowledge and see where else my writing can go. I have at least 33 stories written and only a handful completed, there are other stories I wanna tell. My problem is they all want to be told . I have placed them all in a hat and drew one or two out and while that worked then its time to select something to do this year. And this time I am going to finish the story, as well as engage in other writing practices like taking classes or workshops to help enhance my writing.

 I have always believed if you stop learning you stop . Period.  So I am not going to stop learning.   After looking through the many stories I have there are only a few that are complete first drafts. One of those is entitled Abandoned Car. The idea first came to me when I was in high school. Years later I took the story out and began editing it thus changing the name to Mistaken Identity which would be part one of a two part story. So the stories I think I am going to work on  now are as follows


Nonfiction

 One story I want to tell is how I survived child abuse and how that led to who I am now.

Two is how recent events in my life over the last year changed my life.


Fiction

 (inspired by true life events)

Working title Jason and Lisa  Crime story

 Mistaken Identity pt 1
 Family heirloom  pt 2 
 and Cameras View murder mystery


Now to put these on my calendar as well as let others know about them.

If you read this and want to know how I am doing or want to add your own writing goals please leave a comment,


Thanks,  till next time



No comments:

Post a Comment