Friday, December 12, 2014

New Project almost complete

Hello, life can be so funny and so unpredictable sometimes. I'm so sorry this is late getting out. But never fail here is this weeks installment.   Every year I attempt Nanowrimo and while sometimes I can complete the 50,000 words there are years I do not.  My confession is  often times I will add bits and pieces of stories which absolutely make no sense just to reach that goal. I know - that's really bad. 

But this year I attempted to do nano again, but didn't finish this year. However I did learn something- well a few things this year. One it's okay if you don't finish with 50,000 words. After all that's a lot of words, and some just can't do that and that's okay. Two, I am a short story writer, My stories may reach 20,000 total. If I want to create a 50,000 word story I simply add several short stories of the same genre between the covers.  And finally joining several unfinished short stories that never made it to the end by themselves is working this time. 

I have found my voice as they say, I have dug deep enough to find something that is working, and I am loving my story and characters and am really enjoying writing this story.  To me that's what matters. I lost my way for a while, focusing on all the wrong things when I should have been reminding myself I needed to write these stories for me. If I enjoy them as a writer you will ( hopefully) enjoy them as a reader. 

Currently my new project's working title is called Marla and she is very much like me in that she is a writer who is working to find her style, her voice and her passion as a writer, and she has with a story called "The Storm" I am only 3,000 words away from being able to officially call it a short story.  

After it is done, I will let you know when and where you can find it with its blub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment